I wrote this for a doll meme on Flickr. :D
1. Contrary to what (I think that) most people (may) think, I actually fell in love with his sculpt first instead of Maki Tsuyoshi the Himitsu character. It was because I went to look up his sculpt that I knew of the manga and started reading it and subsequently fall in love with the character. So he has like twice the amount of love that any other doll could possibly get, I suppose. XD And this is why Maki is very likely to be my favorite, LOL.
2. His background and age etc is highly influenced by the manga series but has been tweaked and modified to make life less bleak for him, LOL. His job is still the Police Superintendent of Division 9 and he still looks at dead people’s brains for a living, but there’re no bad people after his life and all that to silence him. He also has family members (3 sisters, 1 brother) and he’s younger than the manga’s specified 35 years old. How much younger I haven’t actually decided yet but he’s probably around 28!
3. He is an incredibly S person, frequently making his subordinates break into cold sweat with his words when he’s angry. (“What’s wrong? You haven’t eaten that ice cream that you wanted to eat so much that you sent someone to specially get it during this period of severe manpower shortage?”)
4. He is a very strict person but has a soft spot for Rie and lets her get away with more things than other people.
5. He was in a rock band as lead vocals when he was still schooling.
6. He is very intelligent and is the youngest to be appointed Police Superintendent to date.
7. He is fluent in a few languages, including French and English.
8. He has a complex about his (lack of) height.
9. He is surrogate parent to all his siblings because their parents MIAed on them to go enjoy life in the African wilderness when they were all still young. Randomly, the female teachers of Rie and Hibiki all love Parents-Teacher Day because Maki always has to attend as their guardian.
10. He is a superb marksman and has won several competitions.
I think I kinda cheated a little on this because a few facts are adapted from the Himitsu manga but my Maki is sort of modeled after him anyway. :3