…so. I have reached a new low (or have I?) in not updating in over a year. I have all these half-written drafts that are just… half-written. And nowhere near completion anytime soon. So here’s another of those point-form overall dump-y type of updates. :’D;;
- anemone has been rebranded to Ma Petite Cherie!
- Actually achieved a very significant milestone of producing doll wigs! Only 3 styles in 4 colors and 1 size (21cm) for now but hey, it’s a really big start!
- First time having a booth in an overseas doll convention (DollPaCa in Bangkok)! We timed it so that we could launch MPC and the wigs together
- Went out on a leg with T to organize a doll event in Singapore: DOLLelong. It’s currently in the booth application stage. Really hoping it’ll work out!
- Attended my first Dolpa in March this year! I was a little disappointed but it was a HTDP in Kyoto, so the scale was kinda small. I’m hoping the Tokyo ones would be much better!
- Skipped the annual doll trip to Hong Kong in July this year due to budget constraints, unfortunately :(!
- Decided to take on a fandom-related booth at SGDC this year (Touken Ranbu) but 4 costumes proved too much for me to handle after all. In the end, we did a no-show, oops. I learned a lot in terms of Japanese-style outfit sewing when sweatshopping the costumes though!
Especially because I stupidly decided to try making them as historically accurate as possible.
BJD: Doll Family
So many new and semi-new dolls, errr. Actually no! Only 1 new doll, the rest were all just finally given faceups at last. XD Meanwhile, Rie and Tsuyoshi’s faceups have been renewed, both by different artists from the previous!
And the new member of the crew, Naoki (VS Ryoya):
tl;dr backstory for him: A shady businessman in making and Rie’s high school sweetheart, which makes him rivals and enemies with Takeru (VS Genji) in love and business.
He’s a birthday present to myself this year! :D Finally got one at a good price, yay! He’s recently back with a new faceup, together with Tsuyoshi. I’m having a serious wardrobe crisis for the boys, however, so I haven’t managed to photograph them yet. I will have a separate post for him once I photograph him (or will I…?)!
I also sent Natsumi (VS Lin) and Midori (VS Hinata) out for faceup renewals but after waiting half a year without any news, the artist finally contacted me to say that due to her personal circumstances, she is not able to paint them anymore and sent them back. ;__; Okay I understand but I already wiped off their faceups… So now they are just sitting blank in their boxes, sigh. I know, find another artist, right? Easier said than done, really. I’m too picky…
Oh, I also bought a Milhwa head on a whim during Switch’s anniversary event and my first DD head (DDH-09), so that’s 3 new dolls, I guess? ||orz I haven’t decided what to do with Milhwa yet, though.
Hong Kong in Jul 2015:
The annual doll trip! This one sucked a little because of flight complications. Due to the typhoon, our flight to HK got delayed for more than 24 hours but Dollvie didn’t allow pre-event queuing if you didn’t already have tickets. :/ Really dumb rule if you ask me. And it was in mid-July, so the summer sales weren’t in the FINAL FINAL ALL MUST GO SALE stage yet, damn.
Osaka & Tokyo in Sept 2015:
First time in Osaka and entirely because of L’arc~en~Ciel XD Finally attended my first one-man SID live in Makuhari Messe too *w* And also first time overseas alone, because T returned to Singapore a few days before me. tl;dr: 2 days of L’arc, 2 days of SID. Epic, epic trip. <3
Taipei in Jan 2016:
Got dragged over by T because Spyair live. XD
Kyoto & Osaka in Mar 2016:
This was a little YOLO, to be honest… but lots of fun! First trip to Japan without a Tokyo leg, but in return, we went to Kyoto! For the Touken Ranbu stamp rally, what, lol. What is fandom doing to me? But you know, we would never ever go sightseeing otherwise, so why not? Fandom as a motivator can do wonders.
Also, we missed the sakura season by days again. And freezing freak weather in March again.
Bangkok in Oct 2016:
As mentioned above, Ma Petite Cherie’s soft launch at DollPaCa! We stayed at K Maison, a really pretty boutique hotel this time. The service staff always greeted us with a smile and were very helpful in assisting us with our bulky pieces of luggage (we brought dolls and lots of wigs for DollPaCa, remember?). As someone who can’t sleep on planes but always book midnight/early morning flights, I highly appreciated the early check-in too!
Well, considering it’s been 1.5 years, actually these aren’t too much, right? :x And most of them were bought in Closet Child when I was in Japan too.
The best find was the JM Chandelier skirt! I had my eye on the JSK many years ago on Y!J but lost the auction and never really found it again. So to find it at an affordable price was a really pleasant surprise! I think I had wanted the purple colorway but looking at pictures again, I think the print stands out more on navy blue. :D It features a velvet waistband and the chandelier print on shantung, and as expected of JM, the skirt has a very luxurious feel to it.
Anyway, shopping is shopping but wearing, however, is a different story, LOL.